Sunday, June 22, 2008

Believing people when they say they care is dangerous... if not foolish.



I wonder when I will stop being surprised when people hurt and deceive? It hurts more every time...

"I am so dumb
Just beam me up
I've had it all forever
I've had enough

And now I understand
You leave with everything
You leave with everything I am

And now I know that love is dead
You've come to bury me
There's nothing left here to pretend

Remember, you promised me"

-------------------------------------------------

If you can't get enough angst. The Afghan Whigs always deliver. I forgot how great they are to listen to when you are hurt and angry.



Debonair
(live)

Hear me now and don't forget
I'm not the man my actions would suggest
A little boy, i'm tied to you
I fell apart
That's what i always do

This ain't about regret
My conscience can't be found
This time i won't repent
Somebody's going down

Feel it now and don't resist
This time the anger's better than the kiss
I must admit when so inclined
I tend to lose it than confront my mind

'cause it don't bleed and it don't breathe

It's locked its jaws and now it's swallowing
It's in our heart
It's in our head
It's in our love
Baby it's in our bed

Tonight i go to hell
For what i've done to you
This ain't about regret
It's when i tell the truth

And once again the monster speaks
Reveals his face and searches for release
A little boy is tied to you
Attracted only 'til it comes unglued



Be Sweet


Ladies, let me tell you about myself
I got a dick for a brain
And my brain is gonna sell my ass to you
Now i'm ok, but in time i'll find i'm stuck
'cause she wants love, and i still want to fuck
Now that i'm ashamed, it burns
But the weight is off
Now that you're out of the way
I turn and i can walk
You showed no sympathy, my love

And this was no place for you and me to walk alone

On my grave, am i ok?
I'm sure i'm not
Ladies let me tell you about my love
She kept giving me more
But it wasn't enough
So understand
Now that i come to you
To understand my little self
To understand my little self

And baby you be sweet

3 comments:

Anthony said...

Well you know, you can't let people hurt you. I know they do, and they've hurt me, but at some point I've stopped listening to the promises.

It's like when someone asks me to "loan" them money. I figure I'm "giving" it to them and if I get it back, it's a bonus.

David Rice said...

It's been a while since you posted. Give up? It would be courteous to publish your email address.

Sicily Sue said...

David, I am not sure how to take your comment. They way you say, "Give up?" is confusing.

Yes, I haven't posted in a while. I took a break to do some healing.

I am also curious why you suggest I publish my email. This is my blog and I choose not to post that information for my own reasons. I think it is odd that you suggest that... and it comes across as you taking the time to tell me what to do. Is that how you intended it?